I’ve been super lazy about cooking lately, but my microwave broke and I haven’t gotten around to getting a new one yet. so this morning I cracked open my cupboard, freezer and the christopher drew by refrigerator and came out with this:
- 1 16-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1 16-ounce can diced roasted tomatoes
- about a quarter cup of roasted red peppers (taken from an 11-ounce jar)
- 3 frozen boneless chicken breast
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- Half a head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- two ice cubes of frozen chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated garlic flakes
I put all except the cauliflower in the crock pot, which I set on high and let go for 2.5 hours. I reduced the temperature to low and continued cooking for about 2 hours. Then I stirred in the cauliflower and let it go for about another half hour to 45 minutes.
When it was ready, I put it on top of some brown rice that I had cooked:
- 2 cups brown rice
- for chicken stock cubes + enough water to make a scant 5 cups
Bring to a boil and simmer for 50 minutes. I used the proportions that were on the rice package, but I think it would have been better with just four cups of liquid.
The picture doesn’t look amazing, but the recipe is quite YUM. Double the curry powder or add some turmeric if you want it spicier. Add salt to taste if your canned tomatoes didn’t contain enough to flavor the whole batch. The curry is also good with a little plain yogurt mixed in.