There are lots of magazines that will claim to save you money, but Consumer Reports and its sister publication ShopSmart are the only ones I’ve found to regularly deliver on that promise. Other magazines “save you money” by loading themselves with coupons, mostly for stuff you don’t want. Consumer Reports saves you money by giving you the information you need to make wise and frugal purchases.
(Here’s my post about how Consumer Reports helped me save more than $1,000 a year on my cell phone bill. Try that with coupons.)
Each ad-free issue of Consumer Reports features unbiased product reviews, from groceries to electronics to cars. The magazine also features articles on how to avoid ripoffs and paying too much for major expenses like insurance, healthcare, phone service, and cable.
Since Thanksgiving is coming up in the United States, I’ve decided to do a thank you to my readers by giving away a 2015 one-year subscription to Consumer Reports. To enter the giveaway, do one or all of these things by 8 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on November 20, 2014 (each counts as a separate entry):
- Leave a comment on this post with a frugality tip.
- Follow me on Tumblr and reblog the Tumblr version of this post there.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet the title and link to this post (you can use the link below). Add “@seasonofplenty” (without the quotes) to the text of your tweet.
Other important information:
- This giveaway is not sponsored or endorsed by Consumer Reports or any of its affiliates. I’m doing this on my own.
- Winner must have a mailing address in the United States. (Sorry, sending it elsewhere isn’t really an option for me.)
- Winner must respond within 24 hours of being contacted by email, Tumblr or Twitter. If I don’t get a response, I move to the next in line.
- Winner must provide me with a mailing address. The address will only be used for purposes of sending the subscription.
- I am not responsible for lost or stolen issues.
- This is just for fun. Don’t sue me.
Thanks, and have fun being frugal!
0 thoughts on “Giveaway: Free Consumer Reports Subscription”