Look, I found yet another way to make moccachocarula muffins! Maybe most people wouldn’t care, but I do. And if you’re into stuff with lots of protein, no gluten and no added sugar (except what’s in the Amarula and chocolate, if you add chocolate), then it might be up your alley, too.
If not, fear not. I’ll run out of Amarula eventually.
If you don’t have whey protein powder on hand, you can replace it with 1/4 millet flour, 2-3 tablespoons cocoa, and 2-3 tablespoons xylitol, sugar, or other sugar-equivalent sweetener. But your muffins won’t have as much protein.
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup millet flour
- ½ cup chocolate-flavored whey protein powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup pureed carrots
- ¼ Amarula
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup bittersweet baking chocolate or chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix pureed carrots, oil, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Mix together flours, cocoa, whey powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually stir in the wet ingredients until smooth-ish.
- Stir in chocolate pieces, if using.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, or until the tops are firm and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on racks before eating.