There are few things in this world as delicious as curried cauliflower. This recipe may look complicated because of its long list of ingredients, but it’s actually very easy to make. The curry goes great by itself, on top of cooked grains (such as millet or rice), or with a little plain yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium yellow onions, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- ¾ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon wet yellow mustard
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas OR 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 15-oz. cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Coat the bottom of the slow cooker with olive oil.
- Add onions, garlic, spices and mustard to the slow cooker and turn to HIGH.
- Cook with lid on for one hour.
- Stir the onions etc, then add the cauliflower, chickpeas and tomatoes. Re-cover with lid.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH, until cauliflower is tender.
- Turn off slow cooker and serve.
0 thoughts on “Recipe: Crockpot cauliflower and chickpea curry”