I’ve been making this salad ever since eating something similar at a potluck a decade ago. Since preparation consists mostly of opening cans and bottles, it’s probably my fastest go-to recipe. Simple, quick, and delicious!
Recipe: Easy Black Bean Salad
Open a few cans and have a delicious corn-and-bean salad ready in minutes. Wonderful as an easy side dish, but also great as the basis of a quick meal by serving on top of cooked quinoa (pictured) or wrapped in a burrito with a little cheese and heated.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 15-oz. cans whole corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ tomatillo salsa
- 1 fresh tomato, medium, seeded and diced
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients in a bowl.
Season of Plenty